Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Field Station Dinosaurs Take Over New Jersey

Last year all I heard was that dinosaurs invaded the Secaucus, New Jersey area. I was so intrigued but never made it over there with the boyz. It was on my bucket list of "must do" this summer. I finally made it to the Field Station: Dinosaur a few weekends ago. I have to say I was quite impressed.
We were advised to dress comfortably and have good walking shoes. The station is completely outdoors. We were fortunate that it was not a hot day but I can imagine in the summers you will get a tan.
Upon entering the park we could hear dinosaurs roaring. This excited us immediately. Once we checked in we were given a passport which we could collect stamps throughout the park at different stations. As we walked through, we saw life like dinosaurs that moved their heads or swagged their tails. It kinda freaked out my little nephew but you could tell he was rather impressed. My son & I enjoyed approaching each dinosaur & trying to decipher the pronunciation of their names. The dinosaurs were so life like. It simply was amazing.
As we walked up & down hills, there were different stations that we were able to sit under tents to relax and the kids had activities to do. There was a fossil dig site where kids can grab some tools and go on a search for fossils. The boyz seemed to love it especially since there was sand involved!

Another fun spot for the kids was the "What color is your dinosaur" station. The boyz sat for awhile & colored away on some sheets donated by Crayola.
There is so much to do at Field Station. We weren't able to see everything because we were short on time which the boyz were disappointed about. So I did promise to return with them again. Take a trip to New Jersey & check out the dinosaurs. Be prepared to be there for a few hours. Just remember to bring suntan lotion & dress comfortably. Make sure you check out the Dinosaurs Live! 3D movie as well.

Field Station is currently only open on weekends. Summer hours begin on June 27th which they will be opened everyday from 10am - 6pm. For more information you can visit them at http://fieldstationdinosaurs.com/

Disclosure: I was given passes to facilitate a review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment