Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - I Met a Droid #DisneySMmoms

Growing up I went to the theater to see Star Wars. As a young child, I was mesmerized by this outer galaxy filled with storm troopers, droids (not the phones) and Luke Skywalker. I particularly loved R2D2. I always wanted to know how they controlled his motions & his beeping noise that were interpreted as speech.
While we were in our conference session at the Disney Social Media Moms on Friday, we were interrupted by Obi Wan Kenobi aka Gary Buchanan. He introduced us to Ashely Eckstein, actress and voice of Ashoka Tano in Star Wars. She spoke of her love of sci-fi films and lack of clothing for women. Sci-fi isn't only for the boys hence she created her brand Her Universe.
We were then over taken by storm troopers! Several ran through the room announcing that we needed to exit the room immediately. Now I don't think these troopers have ever faced a room full of social media mavens. Rather than listen, we all ran to try to snag a "selfie" with a trooper. They didn't make it easy by constantly moving or ordering commands. I have to say I felt like I was in a George Lucas film. Hey George how about "Attack by a Blogger?"
We finally emerged from the conference room only to be greeted by a zooming R2D2. We were all in love. Now we've all been seen our share of celebrities but its something special to take a pic with one of the lead characters in a multi-million dollar franchise. Especially a non human one. I was in awe.
Cute huh?

Disclosure: I was an attendee of the Disney Social Media Moms conference. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I am not obligated to attend or write about my experience. I received no monetary compensation. Gift bags were given through out the trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment