We are taking part in Operation Christmas Child. Operation Christmas Child is a non-profit organization that has been working since 1993 to bring shoe boxes of gifts to children in need all over the world. National Collection week started November 12 and ends on the 19th. Their goal this year is to surpass 100 million boxes since their inception so they are asking for help from anyone who can. It's very simple to make one little kid very happy this season.
How To Pack a Shoe Box
- Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
- Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Print out the appropriate boy/girl label by downloading the artwork to the right. Mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
- Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child. Use the gift ideas provided on the bottom of this page.
- Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our “Follow Your Box Donation” option, or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
- Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and drop it off at the collection center nearest you during our collection week, November 12-19, 2012.
For locations and hours of collection visit our Drop-Off Locations page where you can find the nearest place to take your shoe box by entering your ZIP Code or you can call 1-800-353-5949.
You can also send your shoe box gift to:
Operation Christmas Child
801 Bamboo Road
Boone, NC 28607
Our box is almost complete and we're looking forward to dropping it off this weekend. It's been a great learning experience for my son & I. He's always had a good heart but I know now its expanded a bit because of his generosity and caring for others.
This holiday season build a box with your family to teach kindness, compassion, and generosity.
Operation Christmas Child and influencer marketing platform BlogFrog have teamed up with 200 bloggers like me to spread the word about this great cause.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Operation Christmas Child. The opinions expressed are all mine.