Friday, November 2, 2012

Chris Mann "Roads" CD Review

Are you a fan of the hit show The Voice? My son & I enjoy watching & try to catch it every week. The singers are all amazing. When I was given the opportunity to review Chris Mann's debut CD Roads from the One2One Network  I had to jump at the chance.

I remember listening to Chris perform last season for Team Christina. I swore he had the best chance of winning it all. His operatic voice would raise the hairs on my arms. When he sang Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" I immediately fell in love.

Chris Mann was born in Wichita, Kansas. He is a classically trained American singer-songwriter. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California. Now Mann is signed to Faircraft/Universal Republic, a new label formed by renowned producer/music executive Ron Fair.  The aptly-titled album represents the culmination of a long and challenging journey for this gifted and dedicated young artist, who’d been pushing forward against what had appeared to be overwhelming odds.

His CD Roads is classical meets pop. There are no auto tunes found on this CD. The power in his voice resonates as if he was live in front of you. He offers a soothing feeling that relaxes the mind. He plays the piano in the background on some of the songs. He does a great rendition of some popular artists such as Coldplay, Lady Antebellum and Willie Nelson.

Here is a list of the songs on the CD.


1. Roads
2. I Need You Now
3. Cuore
4. The Blower's Daughter
5. My Way
6. Unless You Mean It
7. Always On My Mind
8. On A Night Like This
9. Ave Maria
10. Falling
11. Viva La Vida
If I had to pick my favorite song it would have to be between Falling & Roads.They both are beautifully sung. His voice reminds me of Josh Groban and if you love him then you will ultimately need to buy this album now! You won't be disappointed. It will make a splendid gift for anyone on your Christmas list this season.

Roads hit shelves this Tuesday October 30,2012. It can be purchased at Itunes, or Amazon

Disclosure:  This is a review post from One2One Network. I was provided with a copy of the album and I am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment