Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Activision Family Game Summit

I recently attended Activision's Family Game Summit. It was an event that showcased the holiday video games that would bring families together. I was excited to hear about it since many of the games are on my son's wish list.
The event was hosted by 80's TV actress, mom & author Soleil Moon Frye. There was also a panel of expertise women. They were Nicole Armstrong, Activision Marketing Director, Patricia Vance, President of the ESRB and Suzanne Kantra of Techlicious Blog.

Each women spoke of how gaming in the 21st century can be beneficial for your children. Who would've thought that? They also spoke about the ESRB ratings & the mobile apps which are helpful when purchasing a game for your child.
We were given sneak peeks at SkyLanders Giants, Wreck It Ralph, Wipeout 3 and Angry Birds Trilogy to name a few. We were even able to have fun & play for awhile! I couldn't wait to play these games with my boyz.
In the end we were able to have Soleil Moon Frye personally autograph her book, Happy Chaos. What a great treat to meet Punky Brewster in the flesh! I was star struck!





You can check out all the games we previewed at Activision Family Game Summit site.

Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I received a gift bag. All opinions are 100% my own.


3 comments:

Victoria said...

Jealous am I! I loved Punky Brewster!.. my son would be thrilled to hear how Gaming is beneficial so he can spin it for me. I agree that in moderation it can be, however, I am still trying to find that perfect balance.

Mariah @ FormulaMom.com said...

Oh, looks fabulous! I wish I could have gone!

Motherhood on the Rocks said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Gaming is good for kids? Who knew! Love it.

Post a Comment