Friday, August 10, 2012

The Little Gym & Soles4Souls

A few weeks ago, I was invited by MomCentral to attend the open house of The Little Gym on the Upper West Side. It was the perfect opportunity to have a date with my son since I was leaving for a girls weekend the next day.
I've been to a Little Gym for my nephew's 1st birthday party, but other than that I assumed it was more of a play space for infants. Boy was I wrong!
The Little Gym has over 300 locations around the world and is geared for children 4 months through 12 years. They have a three dimensional approach to learning that is based on three core tenets:
  • Get Moving! - Fosters flexibility, strength, balance and coordination.
  • Brain Boost! - Fosters listening skills, concentration and decision making.
  • Citizen Kid! - Fosters sharing, teamwork, cooperation and leadership abilities.
What I loved about the Little Gym were the team members that interacted with the kids. They were full of energy & were well trained. Andre has a love of doing flips, which totally freak me out. One of the members showed Andre how to correctly flip and she took her time training him until he mastered it correctly. He was so proud that he accomplished this! He had a blast being a "gymnast" for a few hours.

At the open house we also learned of The Little Gym's new partnership with Soles4Souls, a "Big Hearts, Little Shoes" donation campaign. It is an international charity that collects shoes and will distribute them to those in need around the globe. Beginning this fall, parents can drop off shoes that they or their children have outgrown or no longer need.
With such a great campaign at a fun facility, I'm sure to stop by this fall & donate one of the many pairs of shoes that Andre has outgrown. Please check The Little Gym's website to find a location nearest to you & donate. We all have a big heart in helping kids.

Disclosure: A Big thank you to Mom Central for inviting us to this event. I was only compensated for our travel expenses and given a thank you gift for coming. All of the opinions in this post are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment