Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Is it or Isn't it?

I know its inevitable once your child starts school that he/she will get sick. Germs are everywhere especially in schools' classrooms. Andre is in his second year of pre-k (his birthday is in late June) so he's gotten colds/coughs before. When I picked him up yesterday I noticed his left eye was a bit red. My first reaction was that it was pink eye. But after talking to Andre to see how his eye felt, I dismissed the thought. He didn't complain of pain, itching, and there was no crusty sensations around his eye. I didn't know if I should take him to the eye doctor or not.

This morning his eye was still the same. I went with my mothers intuition and decided to call out from work & take him to see the eye doctor. Thankfully I have great friends with connections that work in the office that was able to squeeze me in since his doctor was in clinic today & not in the private office. She's great with Andre. She left the clinic to give him a quick look at.

No wonder I'm not a doctor because it turned out to be that pesky little conjunctivitis. But I did think it, right? So now Andre has eye drops to use for a week, no school for the remainder and DH & I are in need to call out from work for a few days. Andre is super thrilled that he gets to break some rules like playing with his DS, stay up past 8pm and just drive me a little more crazier.

Thanks alot Pink Eye!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fun! Hope he gets better soon! Following back from Mommy's Peanut Gallery :)

Anonymous said...

The kids! I started getting sick when my kids went to school...they were fine most of the time. I hope Andre's eye gets fixed soon. The drops usually work. I'm a new GFC follower from Where are you Wednesday? MO, USA! http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

Mom Daughter Style said...

my daughter gets sick at the child care.


btw, im your latest follower from Follow me Tuesday. I hope you stop by my blog.

http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

Design It Chic said...

Awwwww, hope your little one will get better soon! Oh and as for Rango, I have the same thoughts, it was a good movie for adult audience, not so much for toddlers or younger kids. Anyways, I just landed here cause I loved your blog's name and I am now following you thanks to Mid Week Mingle and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today, to learn a few very easy tricks to make your blog even more fabulous and have fun with it. See you there!
Happy Wednesday

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

It seems kids get sick a lot more during the school year huh?? :(

I am SO looking forward to summer!!

Hope everyone is feeling great soon!!

I am blog hopping today and would really like for you to stop by my blog and say hello (and become a follower if you aren't already one).

I have two blogs and you are welcome to stop by either or both of them:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about life and family at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Hope to see you over at my blogs.

Have a blessed Wednesday!! :0)

Amy said...

That is no fun though I'm sure your little guy thinks otherwise. When I started teaching preschool I was sick almost my whole first year. My second year I only had one cold the entire year. Hopefully he'll develop some good antibodies.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I'm following back. Have a great day! www.ohsosavvymom.com

dre said...

I guess I'm DH? Blog is looking good. Congrats on putting it up. Keep it comin'!

Angela said...

Kids love time off school even if it's cause they're sick. new follower http://angela-mommytimeout.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

thank you everyone for your comments! We appreciate the feedback and the new followers!

Unknown said...

new from fab friends hop (well, trying to be.... seems a little bit of multiple time disconnect)... if I don't show up soon... holla at me? :-)
http://nailpolish.blogspot.com

Post a Comment