Sunday, December 4, 2011

Appreciate those you love.....

It's been so hectic these past few months especially now with the holidays upon us. I'm making shopping lists for work, home, friends, school & Secret Santas. It gets too be so much. Sometimes I feel lost at the true meaning of Christmas. That's why my husband really despises this holiday {gasp}. He says he feels obligated to buy people presents now, which kinda takes me back because I grew up in a family where we go all out. We buy gifts for the dogs if we have too. That's just how we have been.
So it was a HUGE surprise when my husband bought me the new NOOK tablet. Its not Christmas yet, but he always gives me my gift ahead of time.(hates wrapping gifts) It does take the element of fun out of the holiday but I appreciate it. I appreciate him even more, because I know that while I'm rattling off to him of what I want/need he is secretly listening. So it was an even bigger surprise when he told my mom & I this weekend that he purchased us 2 tickets to see the new Hugh Jackman one man show on Broadway. I nearly cried. He said he did it to show us how much he appreciates us! He listened to me weeks ago when I said I would love to catch this show before it ran out in January. He listened to me when I told him that I don't feel appreciated at times because I feel like I do everything for our son. He just listened when I thought he tuned me out. Now I really appreciate him.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment