Monday, March 11, 2013

CityMD Urgent Care Centers NYC

Last summer when Andre caught a severe stomach bug during our weekend trip in Maine, we had to take him to the ER. It's a horrible feeling being out of town & having a sick child. Even as we got home, we ended up taking back to the ER of our local hospital as well. Thank God he was okay but I have to admit that sometimes I have to consider if the illness is worthy of an ER visit. For one I don't want to sit in there for hours. Secondly, and I'm being honest I don't want to pay the $150 copayment. It's a ridiculous amount that if I can avoid it I would rather that.
A few weekends ago, I attended an early morning panel discussion with the lovely Serena of Mama Goes Natural, Jessica of Momma's Gone City and Sherice of Bad Ass Chronicles at CityMD's Upper West Side location.
CityMD are premiere urgent care centers located through out New York City.  They eliminate the stress of being in an emergency room. There's no long waits, high costs and chaos. As a parent, it brings comfort to know that I can bring my son in for an emergency such as a broken bone or cold. Most insurance plans are accepted. The staff are friendly and trained through all urgent care aspects. The centers are equipped with the most up to date technology.

 
CityMD has six locations in Manhattan. Hopefully they will expand to the outer boroughs and under served areas such as Harlem. I believe these residents can definitely use a low cost, high quality health care without the bureaucracy of a hospital. So the next time you are not feeling well, look to getting seen at one of their urgent care centers. I'm sure you will feel better once you've been seen.

Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I attended a panel discussion. All opinions are 100% my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment