Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Mother's day didn't go as planned. There were some bumps & glitches but my boyz tried their best. It was a beautiful day in the city and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. We went to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for brunch then headed to Highline Park. We walked, laughed and ate some very expensive organic ice cream. $17 bucks for 3 cones! My husband didn't complain. Even though I had a great time with them, my mood was horrendous. I knew I was being argumentative and snappy with them. I attributed it to premenstrual syndrome but I also believe it was because at this time, I would've been 5 months pregnant. I haven't thought about it for awhile but yesterday was just a painful reminder. There won't be four of us next Mother's day. And I have to realize that that is okay. To be a mother to this precious little boy is a blessing and I wouldn't change it for anything. Time heals all wounds and slowly I know my scar will fade away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment