Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Let's Move" with the Bernstein Bears

As part of First Lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign I took a healthy lifestyle pledge and was given 2 tickets to see the Bernstein Bears LIVE with my son.
The families that attended this special event, promised to take the initiative in their children's lives and lead healthier lifestyles. Childhood obesity rates have tripled over the past 3 decades. With this campaign, I have decided that I will walk with my son rather than take the bus on a sunny day. I will serve him vegetables or fruits rather than artificial sweetened snacks.
We were provided with healthy foods such as turkey on whole wheat sandwiches, hummus, fresh fruits,vegetables, yogurt and water by Fairway Markets. Then we were treated with a special performance of the Bernstein Bears. The show was a great musical. It's lesson of eating healthy went along with the "Let's Move" campaign. Everyone enjoyed the show.

I am excited about this pledge for my family. My son already has great eating habits, but this just ensures that I have promised to lead him on the right path to a healthy future.

Thank you NY Metro Parents, Fairway,Bernstein Bears LIVE, and Manhattan Movement & Arts Center for a great afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment