Monday, February 18, 2013

Toy Fair 2013 #TF13 #TFNY

This past weekend Toy Fair hit New York City's Jacob Javits Center. Since I started blogging almost 2 years ago, I have heard so much about it. This year I was excited to be attending for my first time.
Me & Talking Tom Cat

It was very overwhelming being at the event. It is the largest conference in the Toy Industry. There was so much to see. I was not able to spend all 3 days there which sucked because I had to work, so I was only able to attend on Sunday. The few hours I was there was exhausting. I did get to see some great new toys coming out this year. I'm pretty excited about it.

Here are some of my favorites:

Adventure Time - Finally some Finn & Jake toys coming! Andre loves this show, which honestly  I don't quite get. He tried to teach me about Fiona & Cake but I was totally confused. They have an awesome 3D puzzle with glasses, board games, whoopee cushions and action figures that will be launching. The brand has realized what a tremendous hit this show has become & is ready to meet the demands of all fans.

Madame Alexander Doll Academy - Can you believe that Madame Alexander is celebrating its 90th anniversary? I have been a fan since a little girl. My mom gave me a Snow White doll when I was about 7 years old. I still have it untouched in its original packaging. Since my world is dominated by trucks & Ben 10, I was happy to stop by their booth to see their newest and current collections.

These are a few of their dolls that are collectibles, perfectly crafted with unique detail to attention.
 Disney's Oz the Great and Powerful.
Disne Princesses  


Candy Princess holding a Dylan's Candy Bar Lollipop 

Madame Alexander has these dolls that can be played with.
Fancy Nancy

Pinkalicious
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I was excited to enter Playmates Toys booth to see the launch of Nickelodeon's television hit Ninja Turtle toys. Ever since their relaunch last year, TMNT has become so popular again. My son was all about TMNT this holiday season so I couldn't wait to share with him the newest figures coming soon.




Skylanders Swap Force - On the heels of the huge success of Skylanders Spyro Adventures and Skylanders Giants, this fall we will be bombarded yet again with another franchise. This time 16 new figures will be introduced that can be swapped into over 200 new characters in Skylanders Swap Force. I think I most excited about this launch because even though you will need a new portal, you will be able to use your figures from the other 2 games. The graphics are brighter & better. The characters will be able to jump which they aren't able to do in the other games. Expect the release sometime this fall and be prepared to be mesmerized!



These were such a few of the thousands of toys exhibited last week. Definitely be prepared to see some great new toys for both girls & boys. There's something for everyone and every age.


0 comments:

Post a Comment