Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Madagascar 3 Private Screening with Jada Pinkett-Smith

 

My son & I have been eagerly waiting for DreamWorks release of Madagascar 3. So when I was invited to attend a private viewing hosted by The MOMS, Denise Albert and Melissa Gerstein, I felt a little guilty that he couldn't attend. 
The event was held in Times Square at the Paramount Screening Room. CapriSun Super V and NY Cake Pops were sponsors of the event. We were given delicious samples to try while we waited for the start of the movie. There were many mom bloggers & mom entrepreneurs in the crowd. Some new faces & some that I've come to know. I attended the screening with my friends from Mommy's Mingle & Macaroni Kids East Bronx.

As we entered the screening room, we were each gifted with our own Afro circus wig. We all had fun donning the wigs. Once the movie started, you would never know that there were no children in attendance if you stood outside the room because of the laughter emanating from the moms. The film brought its usual banter between our favorite characters Alex, Marty, Melman, Gloria and the Penguins. There were several new circus animals introduced that added to the hilarity of it all. I have to say this one is my favorite of them all.
While credits were rolling, the beautifully talented Jada Pinkett-Smith entered. She sat with us and answered questions from the crowd. She was very down to earth and humble. I really enjoyed listening to her talk about her kids. She even shed some tears talking about a moment with her son Jaden. I know alot of the moms in the audience empathized with her. She spoke about how "we need to identify for ourselves what we need individually as moms." I felt this was a very important statement that resonated applause from the audience. I know I tend to forget about myself when it comes to my family. I always put them first and don't think twice about it. I shouldn't feel guilty for taking a few hours of the day for myself. We all need it.




I had a great time. I suggest taking the kids, with our without them to see this film. You will have tons of laughs & just a good ole time. Don't forget to make time for yourself!
A big Thank You to The MOMS for another fabulous Mamarazzi event.

Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment