Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Me

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe & joyous holiday season. I took a little break last week from here. My full time job was overwhelming & exhausting me so I just couldn't manage to do it all. So I decided to take a breather from writing. It actually gave me ample time to reflect on the past year & on what I hope for the new year.
Every year I make resolutions and by the end of January I always seem to break them. I don't follow through which disappoints the crap out of me. So this time as I was thinking, I'm going to make commitments. I'm never one to be scared of them. I have always followed through. Jeez I've committed myself to my husband for the past 10 years.
With this renewed sentiment, I have committed myself to become a new me. I have always been over weight in my life. I'm the "thicker sibling" compared to my sister. I have decided that I'm done with it. I turn 40 in less than 6 weeks so I have committed to make a change for the better. A change not for my husband, or my son but for myself. I have committed to live a healthier lifestyle by exercising & eating right. I'm not going to call it dieting because this term always brings disappointment and pressure along with it. If you mention that you're dieting to anyone, they always have to ask you how its going. I always feel like I'm failing someone if I don't follow through with it. So forget that. I like my new word and I am going to love the new me.
So what new "commitments" have you made for 2012?

1 comments:

Diane @ Philzendia said...

Happy New Year! You can do it. I haven't made many "commitments" but I will try to get more exercise. I went in for my annual physical last month and when my Dr. asked if I exercised, I was so embarrassed to tell him that I hardly exercised. I'm hoping to change that this year and get a little more active.

Post a Comment